বুধবার, ২১ নভেম্বর, ২০১২

Giving Thanks and Giving Back! | Real Estate Royalty

null

It struck me that the name of my Blog might give the wrong impression ? the ?Royalty? in Real Estate Royalty is not me(!) but the clients I have been proud to serve over the years.? In many cases I have been fortunate enough to build lasting friendships with them as well.

There have been some noteworthy cases where I was never able to meet the owners I was working for.? I?m referring to those?times when a family entrusted me with selling a home on behalf of the Estate of a loved one.

I normally receive advice from my clients as to the features of their home they love the most, while for estate sales I have to use my experience and think about what the owners would have loved about the home, looking for design touches or beautiful views that would have most appealed to them.

I always take my responsibilities seriously, yet in some ways an estate listing is the most important assignment of all.? I have served the Copley family of the publishing world and the Gidwitz family of Chicago, among others, and it is especially gratifying to have helped them with a task where the circumstances added on even more gravity than usual.

I try to keep up with the latest in my Industry and one of the best ways is to attend the always-lively Real Estate Forum put on by the Lincoln Park Builders of Chicago.? This group has some famous names like the Moderator of the event, Lee Kiser, co-founder of the Kiser Group, as well as the leaders of other well-known companies including Fifield Cos., Planned Realty Group, and Prudential Real Estate Investors.

One significant data point was when Ron Devries of Appraisal Research Counselors said that the top end of the Chicago rental market had seen increases of 8% in just the last year!? The thinking is that the increases in rental rates can lead people to give buying even stronger consideration!? Here's me?with some of the other attendees above.

I am excited about the prospects for my new listing at 2422 W. Erie, home of my friends for many years.? The photos above are only the beginning, there is so much to see!? He is Chief of Staff at Shriner?s Children?s Hospital and has helped so many children.

It is only fitting that my clients? children and potentially the children of a future owner will have one of the most kid-friendly parks in Chicago less than a block away.? Smith Park is a very special place, with a huge children?s play area as well as tennis courts and jogging path and other amenities for all of the ?bigger? kids!

Thursday night last week my companion Lucien Lagrange and I went to the CHILL International Wine and Culinary Event at the Merchandise Mart.? Over 5,000 people were there to try out tasty morsels from the best Chefs in Chicago!? The event served as a benefit for three important charities including the Lynn Sage Foundation.

Lucien and I were happy to meet the head of one of the great boutiques in the LuxeHome section of the Mart, namely the Chicago showroom for Paris Ceramics, one of the best tile suppliers in the world!? Of course it IS a small world, and several coincidences came up including the facts that a friend of mine for many years, Gail Anthony, represents Paris Ceramics, and Paris Ceramics did Tilework for the new Residences at the Ritz Carlton building, which was designed by Mr. Lagrange himself!

Finally, although I wasn?t able to attend due to my own Shih-a-poo Frankie being under the weather, I wanted to congratulate PAWS on their extremely successful Fur Ball that was held on November 9th.? There was a record number of over 750 guests and to properly liven things up there were over 150 pets in attendance as well? One of them even served as an unofficial Greeter!? The money raised goes directly to help PAWS be successful in its very special mission of sheltering animals in a no-kill setting and finding them loving homes.

Just wanted to add: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Filed under: Uncategorized

Tags: 2422 W. Erie, Appraisal Research Counselors, CHILL International Wine and Culinary Event, Copley, Fifield Cos., Gidwitz, Kiser Group, Lincoln Park Builders of Chicago, Luxehome, Lynn Sage Foundation, Paris Ceramics, PAWS Fur Ball, Planned Realty Group, Prudential Real Estate Investors, Real Estate Forum, Residences at the Ritz Carlton, Shriner's Childrens Hospital of Chicago, Smith Park

Source: http://www.chicagonow.com/real-estate-royalty/2012/11/giving-thanks-and-giving-back/

Little Nemo earthquake today earthquake today Romney ray lewis Bosses Day 2012 Arlen Specter

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন